Info for Parents
SCHOOL HOURS & ATTENDANCE
- School Commences: 8.50am (classroom doors open 8.35am
- Morning Recess: 10.40am to 11.00am
- Lunch: 12.40pm to 1.20pm
- School Finishes: 3.00pm
Pre Primary and Kindergarten:
- School Commences: 8.50am
- School Finishes: 2.50pm
Note: Students in Kindergarten and Pre Primary must be dropped off and picked up at the classroom by parents or guardians. Older students may be dropped off at school from 8.30am. On arrival students are to make their way to the undercover area until their classroom opens and are not permitted to play on the playground equipment prior to the start of school.
At Baldivis Primary School, we want your children to do their very best. To get the best education, they need to go to school every day. At school, many concepts such as literacy and numeracy are taught in a sequence. Missing school means missing out on learning – which can often make it difficult to catch up later. This is particularly important in the early years when essential foundation skills are being taught.
We know that some children may need extra encouragement to go to school regularly. By working together, we can address some of the reasons why your child may not want to go to school. If your child is away from school, please ensure you provide a reason for this absence to your child’s teacher or to the office.
By the mere nature of arriving late and missing school hours, students receive fewer hours of instruction than students who are in class when the bell sounds. But not only does a student who is consistently arriving late to school establish bad punctuality habits, their lateness also disrupts the learning of other students in their classes. Arriving before the siren has many benefits:
- Students have more time to prepare for learning and make sure they are ready to learn when the siren sounds.
- Students never miss important information and essential learning.
- Students develop positive life-long habits.
If your child is unwell and unable to come to school, please let us know straight away by:
- Contacting the front office on 9524 1150
- Sending a text message to 0437 159 950 outlining child’s name/date/reason for absence
- Use our Skoolbag App
- Email us on Baldivis.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write a brief note outlining child’s name/date/reason for absence
- Pop in to the front office
Early Pick Up
In the event of your child needing to be collected from school before the end of the day, please arrange a parent or guardian to present at the front office to obtain a Leave Pass. Students are not permitted to leave the classroom or school grounds without a signed Leave Pass.